Best In-Ground Pool Filter Systems for 2018
Hayward S270T Pro Series 27-Inch Pool Sand Filter for In-ground Pool
The Hayward S270T Pro Series 27-Inch Pool Sand Filter is one of the most powerful and popular in-ground pool filter systems. The rust-proof, weather-proof tank is made of a sturdy polymeric material and has a patented six-piston multi-port valve.
The easy to use lever action operation of the valve makes it convenient to use. This unit operates on the backwashing principal and makes sure that your pool water is crystal clear. The low-cost, low maintenance and user-friendliness further makes it a great investment.
- Has an enormous pressure drain (either water or sand) for quick servicing
- In spite of being a top quality system, it is very affordable
- Backwashing is easy and ensures your pool’s water is crystal clear
- It’s full-flow technology makes this filter system very energy efficient and can help save you money with regards to electric bills
- Easy to operate and needs minimal maintenance
- Created from very durable weather, and rust-proof materials, which can withstand any kind of weather for long
- It is quite heavy for its size; however, this can actually be an advantage since it shows the durable construction of the unit.
- Has just 1-year warranty
Pentair 160301 Clean & Clear Plus Fiberglass Reinforced Polypropylene Tank Cartridge Pool Filter 420 Square Feet
The Pentair 160301 Clean & Clear Plus Fiberglass Reinforced Polypropylene Tank Cartridge Pool Filter has an outsized filter area, which allows it to catch more impurities and dirt. This filter system comes with an effective filtration area of worth 420 sq ft. Furthermore, it has a flow rate of 150 gallons/minute. But your system flow can be different based on the precise plumbing size and also other components of the overall system.
- Perfectly works on huge swimming pools.
- This filter has a gigantic filter area for improved capacity with 1.5-inch,100 percent drain clean out port.
- Comes with instant action, thanks to a flow rate of 150 gallons/minute and an effective filtration area of approximately 420 sq ft.
- Has manual air relief valve and also a high flow internal air relief.
- Lasts for long thanks to the durable materials used
- Similar to any other cartridge filter system, this unit requires cleaning yearly depending on your use
- The pool system is fairly costly, but it’s well worth the cost.
- Has just 1-year-warranty
Hayward C5030 525 Square Foot SwimClear Cartridge Filter
Along with the quad-cluster cartridge elements that provide a good filter area that can hold extra volume of impurities and dirt, several other features make this product a good fit for any private swimming pool.
To strt with, it has an enormous, tamper proof, clamp that holds the two-piece unit together, but also provides easy access to insides, making repairs and maintenance and very easy. Furthermore, the CPVC union connection offers the unit diversity, which makes it compatible with both 2″ and 2.5″ piping, providing extreme performance with the 2″ full-flow internal piping.
- It helps to preserve lots of water since there’s no water going to waste due to backwashing. This makes it a perfect unit for places where there’s not enough water.
- It’s not only sturdy but can hold up against immense heat due to Noryl bulkhead
- The quirky design allows you to easily remove the cartridge elements
- Hardly requires any maintenance, particularly when compared with sand filters in the same class
- Provides speedy clean-out, thanks to the 2.5-inch inbuilt drain
- Cartridges has to be replaced/serviced/, although not frequently.
- The unit is a bit costly.
Hayward DE4820 Pro-Grid Vertical DE Pool Filter
Hayward DE4820 Pro-Grid Vertical DE Pool Filter is a vertical grid filter, made for in-ground swimming pools and spas of all the different sizes and types. It is a DE based filter, which pushes unfiltered water into filter elements and then evenly distributes DE to grids.
It comes with the trademark Hayward design, with a durable, one-piece clamp that safely fits the tank top and the bottom together. It not only makes maintenance a breeze but also permits a convenient, quick access to inner parts, without needing you to damage the piping connections.
The size and power of this unit makes it an equally great option for both residential and commercial use.
- Simple to install and even user-friendly. There’s only one lever to turn, which allows you to control all the settings.
- Comes in an array of sizes: 24, 36, 48, 60, 72sq ft, so you can select one depending on the size of your pool.
- Along with cleaning cycle indicator gauge and combination pressure, the unit has a high-impact grid and manual air relief elements.
- Created from Perma Glass XL, the filter provides ultimate durability and strength
- Durable construction ensures many years of non-corrosive, hassle-free performance
- This unit does not have a user manual.
- The packing is not good for this product.
Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools with GFCI
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump is budget-friendly, and works as great as any other filter and requires minimal maintenance. This unit uses sand to filter water for your swimming pool. The sole valve lets you backwash, recirculate, drain, and even shut the system, which makes it convenient and easy to use.
The smart filter comes with a built-in 24-hour time that makes the overall experience of keeping your swimming pool crystal clear. The system comes in four different types, 1050 GPH, 1600 GPH, 2150 GPH, and 3000 GPH.
Th 3000 GPH is the most powewrful model that can work for above ground pools as large as 16 feet and above. The good thing about this product is that it needs zero maintenance; all you should do is replace sand after 5-years.
- One valve allows you to do everything from backwashing to filtering to recirculating to draining to closing
- Comes in four different sizes, you can get one that perfectly fits your bill
- User-friendly and easy to maintain. Built-in timer further adds to user-friendliness.
- Works quite fast, thanks to the higher flow rate
- Low-cost with virtually no maintenance expense
- Can be a little loud sometimes, but usually there is nothing more than a bit humming sound.
- It’s not as durable as some of the other filter systems
- It’s only compatible with custom adapters, and the package does not come with all adapters. You will need to purchase a few of adapters to set it up.
Best Choice Products Pro Above Ground SwimmingPool Pump System
Best Choice Products Pro Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump System is a well-designed, state-of-the art pool filter system, which has been specifically made to keep your swimming pool clean while using minimal power and needing little maintenance. Its unique design also permits an efficient way to suck water from the skimmer into the filter tank. The unit has a 6-position multiport valve for simple operation.
You will be astonished to see crystal clear water in your swimming pool, which is because of a high capacity sand bed that causes pool water to get exposed more on the surface area. This makes all the impurities to get caught in the sand and pure water leaving the filter.
This product is easy to install, user-friendly and provides stretched filter cycles, fast backwashing, and great filtration performance.
- The dirtier the sand becomes, the better the filter functions and catches more impurities, so the performance keeps increasing.
- Comes with a huge 175lbs sand capacity
- The unique one-piece design is sturdy and non-corrosive.
- Sand bed always stay level due to the internal filter design and water gets in contact with more surface area, ensuring crystal clear water.
- Affordable filter system, yet very powerful and user-friendly.
- It is not compatible with most swimming pools so you may have to purchase fittings, 1 1/2 PVC pipe, Teflon tape, PVC glue, and other items to configure the unit
- It does waste some water, so may not be good where water is an issue.
Hayward Perflex Extended-Cycle Above-Ground/In-Ground Pools D.E. Filter
The Hayward Perflex Extended-Cycle Above-Ground/In-Ground Pools D.E. Filter is a remarkable small filter system, which comes in three different models i.e. EC40AC, EC50AC, and EC75A, each perfect for the different kind of swimming pool. It comes with a bump handle, which make the flex-tubes clean themselves.
The unit is a heavy-duty system, which is very durable and provides rust-free performance for years. It provides the most thorough clean, as many other filters remove impurities down to 5 microns, while this system catches down to one micron.
- Small, lightweight and user-friendly.
- Works extremely fast, your pool can transform from milky to crystal in as short as 2 hours
- Does not waste any power or water, perfect for areas where water is scarce
- Very quiet, you will not even know if it is running
- Can catch pollen, dust, and other impurities as small as one micron
- The plastic body does not look very durable.
- The unit can get clogged, although not quite often and is simple to fix, however, it’s a nuisance.